Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Lean On Me

The last time I was at IKEA, I was probably 12 or 13. And thank god for that because I could literally buy the WHOLE entire store. It was our first stop today on our orientation trip to Pisa and I had to use every ounce of self control not to purchase everything in sight. Given the rooming situation that I’m in (which is still being sorted out) I wasn’t sure what I was going to need in the next few weeks but I had a pretty good idea. I only spent 20 euro...aren’t you proud ima?! 
So here’s what I got:
  • fleece blanket – our apartment is always FREEZING and the landlord only turns the heat on for maaaybe 6 hours a day
  • a bath mat– the one that was left in our room is actually disgusting and moldy so Jenn and I each bought 1 so that most of our bathroom floor is covered
  • slippers– they were like 2 euro and I didn’t bring any with me. wearing my flip flops with socks was getting pretty annoying too
  • pillow– the ones they gave us are nothing and I was using my neck pillow so I bought a new one that was still cheap
  • hangers– ran out of them and once Jenn and I get our living situation set up I’ll be able to finish unpacking and hanging my clothes
  • scented candles – I’m obsessed and don’t really care wether or not they’re allowed. and they were only 1 euro
All in all it was a pretty successful trip! We then made our way to Pisa which was about an hour away except I don’t really remember the bus ride because I passed out.  Pisa is probably one of the most overrated places to go but I’m glad they took us cause I’d be annoyed if I wasted my money going there. The whole area is very run down and there’s just a bunch of vendors selling fake bags and Pisa souvenirs...which Jaclyn, Ellyn, Cassie, and myself all bought. Jaclyn and I also had the epiphany that we are going to buy a shot glass from every place we travel. So college, but so necessary. After our successful purchases we were freezing and hungry so we found a nice restaurant to eat at called Antic Trattoria Antonietta. I had gnocchi with pesto sauce and it was unbelievable (although I was starving so I‘m pretty sure anything would’ve tasted great. 
(It really does lean!)
Weobviously took the obligatory Pisa pics, and I'm glad I went but it would be beyond unnecessary to go back. The church was really pretty too but I’m pretty sure the ones here in Florence are just as good, if not better (not like I would know thought because I STILL haven’t gone in any).
(So strong I can hold the leaning tower with just my finger! ... yeah, right)

Okay so rewind to Saturday. We had a free day to walk around and there was also an optional history tour.  Jenn and I slept until 1 and then hurried to get ready to make it to the tour. Complete waste of time. The tour guide would not stop babbling on and on and we didn’t even get to see that many sites. After about and hour and a half my feet were killing me so I decided to go back to my apartment and rest for a bit. I then went on a walk with Jaclyn, Ellyn, and Molly to the Piazza Michelangelo.  Its this gorgeous lookout point (and also quite a hike) that lets you see all of Florence. The view was absolutely breathtaking and once the weather gets warmer, watching the sunset with some wine would make a great after class treat!

(GREAT views. I can't wait to climb it again!)
Classes start tomorrow which means I’ll be able to get a better idea of how my schedule is going to work out, but also that this vacation is slowly ending and I’ll actually have to do something with my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment