Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Testing 1, 2, 3

This first post of mine is being written from my abroad-filled room in Atlantic Beach (well actually it’s my brothers room - which has turned into my abroad prep room, and pretty much a second closet, but I digress...).  For those of you who know me well, you’re probably rolling your eyes wondering why on earth I need to be using another outlet of social media to express myself. Hopefully I’ll be able to keep up with this one as much as I do with Facebook and twitter (and make it as witty). I have never written a blog before, have read a few, and considered making one for a while, but dropped the idea after I realized I’d have no idea what I was doing.  While I am very well versed with social networking, I figured traveling would be the perfect opportunity to give blogging a shot.  
Clearly, I still have absolutely no idea how this whole thing works...so I make no promises that this will be interesting, although something tells me that my 4 months abroad will bring plenty of chaos and unpredictability. And knowing myself as well as I do, I’m sure there’ll be enough awkward and embarrassing moments to amuse those who are reading.  Not that I expect to have a ton of followers. Mainly my parents. And grandma. Hi Gram, love you. 
Again, back to the main question. Why on earth do I need a blog when everyone knows I’ll be updating facebook and twitter on the reg? I figure that while I’m living la dolce vita in Florence, I should probably lay off the facebook and enjoy being in ‘one of the betchiest places on the planet,’ and twitter only allows 140 characters. 
When have I EVER been able to condense my thoughts to 140 characters? 
Never, thats when.
So I'm thinking I'll use this to update everyone on my experiences in Europe, and also as my online travel diary.  Killing two birds with one stone.  I'll do my best to keep in touch! 
With a matter of days until I leave, I have pretty much my whole desk covered with different to-do lists and post-it notes for my trip, most of which have few lines crossed out.  Needless to say, I’ve been a little off my packing grind.  AND as the world’s heaviest packer (and slight diva) the past two weeks have been filled with the stress of deciding what I should and shouldn’t pack.  2 suitcases to hold 4 months worth of stuff is NOT a lot.  These are the dilemmas I am battling daily, I know, tough life I live.  With Sunday quickly approaching, its crunch time!

No comments:

Post a Comment