Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fainerz in Florence

Monday morning I got back from Amsterdam around noon and headed back to my apartment to prep for the arrival of Fainerz! She had been on spring break and was ending her journey in Florence and then heading to Rome where we’d meet up with Hannah and Megan.
I was so excited when she got here and we spent all afternoon catching up and chatting. Time flew by and before we knew it, it was time for dinner.  We went someplace local and then headed to lion’s for a few drinks.  It was Hailey’s birthday at midnight so we met up with Hailey and her roommates and pretty much shut the place down.  
Tuesday we snoozed in a bit and then headed to the leather market for some much needed shopping.  Lunch was at Pino’s (of course) and then we headed back to my apartment to register for our classes at Muhlenberg. It’s absolutely unreal that I’m going to be a senior in the fall.
Since it was Hailey’s birthday we went to Dante’s.  Dante’s is across the river and about 2 bridges past the Ponte Vecchio and gives free wine to students. Enough said.  Dinner and a pregame in 1 was the perfect was to start off the night.  Our next stop for the big celebration was Red Garter where we ended up staying for a ridiculous amount of time.  Details about our time there cannot be disclosed here but trust me when I say it was a crazy night.
Wednesday was filled with touring for Fainerz and class for me ending with dinner at Gusta Pizza which Fainz was dyyying over. We were too tired from the previous night to go out so we stayed in and watched the Lizzie McGuire movie to get us pumped for Rome (which it did).  
Thursday was our day dedicated to shopping and eating– aka the only 2 things I know how to do.  Shopping everywhere in Florence (where we did some serious damage) and eating pizza at Vesuvius (where they worked in the Jersey Shore) and all around amazing food at Aqua al 2. We didn’t finish dinner until about 12:30 so we headed back to my apartment to pack for ROMA! 
It was an amazing week in Florence with Fainerz and I was so happy to have her here with me but we were both anxious to get to Rome where AXO was about to take over.
Scared? You should be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment