Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Carnivale and Wine, What More Do You Need?

Its taken me a while to give you an update from this past weekend but here it goes...
Saturday I woke up at 6:30 to catch the bus to Carnivale in Venice. Breana, Morgan, Alexa, Betsy and myself were all zombies and slept almost the whole way.  Once we got to Venice we had to take a water taxi to the main island, San Marco.  We got there and went straight to a glass blowing demonstration.  The guy made a vase in literally 3 minutes. AND it was gorgeous!  After we had the rest of the day to do whatever we wanted. However, walking around Venice was very tricky since there were so many people.  I now know why the island is sinking! We all got masks/face paint and then went shopping around.  But the murano glass was so expensive! It was a really fun day overall and I’m glad I was able to experience Carnivale but don’t know if I necessarily need to go back, especially since it takes a while to actually get there.
there really aren't words to describe the view, or how long it took us to get here
Sunday was absolutely AMAZING!  We went on a wine tasting tour of Tuscany and were pretty much either tipsy, drunk, or sleeping the whole time. We started out in Montalpuciano which is an adorable little Italian town (and where twilight was filmed for those of you who are obsessed). The wine tasting we had there was great and I ended up buy 3 bottles! (promo price and a great gift for my parents when they come to visit).  After taking numerous pictures of the gorgeous scenery we were off to a cheese farm for lunch. It was de-lic-ious. And after stuffing our faces we tried 5 different types of peccorino cheese that they produce there, each with a different amount of aging. I liked the younger ones but still ate all of them, of course.  This adorable little woman then showed us how the cheese was made and where is stored to age. 
got wine?


To see more pictures check out my album on facebook!
Next we were off to Pienza, which boasts the best views of Tuscany.  And let me tell you, they can boast all they want because it was absolutely breathtaking, especially since were got there when the sun was starting to set. 
Gorgeous views in Pienza.

After Pienza we were off to our last stop, Montalcino. We went to a winery that was voted having the best wine in the world last year. The owner, Mario, was the cutest little man I have ever seen.  We all wanted to put him in our bags and bring him home. The wine was so yummy and I, once again, couldn’t resist and bought another 2 bottles.  In other words, my parents will have plenty to drink when they come to visit. 
us with Mario, the owner and cutest old man ever!
                                                                                                             
                                                                                              By the time we were done everyone was exhausted and drunk so the bus ride home very quiet and relaxing. We arrived home and it felt like we had been away for the whole weekend. Needless to say I slept very well that night.


No comments:

Post a Comment