Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Food Coma


So I’ve been a little off my blogging grind which means today get 2 posts! (I can’t condense into 1). Here’s the detes of the end of the week which lead into my food coma induced weekend, which is still going on...
Thursday the weather was absolutely GORGEOUS! Hannah and I didn’t want to waste the whole day inside so we went to Perche No? and got amazing gelato and proceeded to sit outside and eat it. We wanted to do a short museum so that we could walk around after which let us to the Gucci Museum.  Incase you couldn’t tell by the name, the Gucci museum is a museum dedicated solely to Gucci (aka EXACTLY where I belong).  I was completely in awe by the things they had, vintage and new. It was amazing and I was so sad they wouldn’t let us take pictures (and someone literally followed us around the museum to make sure we didn’t). Anyway then we went to the gift shop but everything was insanely overpriced because, well you know, its Gucci. 
After we walked around a bit more and then I headed back to my apartment for some food shopping and a nice nap.  The food shopping wasn’t really necessary because Alexa was making dinner for us that night but I had a snack (aka sandwich) at 5 because, like I said, this was the weekend of food. 
Dinner at Alexa’s was delicious.  She made tomato motzarell, salad, and yummy pasta with chicken.  We didn’t do a great job at communicating who was bringing the wine so we all ended up with our own bottle. But not to worry, we finished all of them.  I drank one of the bottles I got last weekend in Montepulciano and it was scrumptious. 
Then it was off to Bacco for more drinks since it was drink against the clock and beers were 1 euro after we got bored there we headed to Kikuya for a little and then Twice for like 30 seconds.  All the wine was catching up with me and I was getting pretty tired (and sober) so I headed home to of course fix myself a snack and go to sleep. 
pause: This is where my night takes a complete 180. I’m sitting in my kitchen eating and getting ready for bed when I was greeted by my belligerent roommates stumbling into the apartment unable to walk and laying on the floor of the kitchen saying “I don’t want to die.”  As I’m helping my 1 roommate try to feed them water, they’re spitting/spilling the water over the floor. oh right, and then proceeding to projectile vomit all over the kitchen, which just so happens to be right outside of my room. And then some girl who doesn't even live in my apartment tells me to go to sleep because ‘she’ll handle it.’  Excuse me, but not only is this not your apartment, but you didn’t have your night interrupted by 2 girls who obviously have no idea how to drink in any responsible way. You don't even live here nor do you need to wake up to the smell of vomit everywhere. This isn’t the first time this has happened, as in my roommates coming home wasted making a ruckus. I’ve had my drunken nights but never to this extent. Not to mention I wasn't with my roommates for any of it yet they still felt the need to pawn them off on me and expect me to take care of them, while giving me massive amounts of attitude. Which everyone knows, I don't do well with. Between the sight of vomit all over the floor and my roommates trying to get me involved I was so annoyed that I left, called Bre, and slept at Ghibellina.  
When I woke up Friday morning Bre, Morgan, and I went to the Ferragamo shoe museum which, knowing my shoe fetish, was irresistible. After, we met Alexa and walked over the Ponte Vecchio for, you guessed it, food.  Gusta Pizza was our destination and it was UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE. I don’t know how we didn’t find it sooner because I’ve been dreaming about it ever since.  After Gusta we got gelato and sat in the Pitti Plaza in the sun since it was beautiful out.  I got the most amazing gelato that I also haven’t been able to stop thinking about because I’m a fatass and really only think about food. 
When we walked back towards our apartment we stopped off at h&m where we all bought something because in addition to loving food, Morgan, Alexa, Bre and I love to shop.  Although at this point I was exhausted so I headed home for a shower and nap and then woke up to get ready for dinner.  Because lets get real, it’s all about the meals. What I do in the meantime is trivial.  
We wanted to try another new place so we went to Zaza with Betsy and her boyfriend who was visiting for the weekend. I got the ravioli in truffle sauce which was sooo good and also tasted Alexa’s spaghetti with meat sauce and Betsy’s gnocchi which were really good too.  We’ll be going back there at some point. 
We all went home after that to pack and get ready for our Fairfield trip the next day.  Which was really only an extension of the food coma induced days I’ve been living. 

No comments:

Post a Comment